Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Is Your Child an Underachiever in School?
· Adopt an attitude of love, support, caring and understanding. Build your child’s self confidence.
· Schedule a conference with teachers, counselors, principal and your child – permit the principal to act as an advocate.
· Consider a written agreement with consequences and periodic progress reports.
· Cooperate at home by helping your child get organized and providing agreed-upon rewards.
· Let your child be responsible. Don’t nag.
· Expand your relationship with your child.
· Be patient. The extra effort will be worth it!