Wednesday, March 28, 2012
10 tips for Low-cost Indoor Family Fun
The Oregon State University Extension Service suggests the following fun, yet low-cost, indoor things to do with your family:
· Read stories to each other
· Bake or cook something together
· Have a family game night. Trade games with other families that have children the same ages as yours. Set up a play area, pop some popcorn and learn new games.
· Set up a puzzle to work on. Everyone can work on it as they pass by during the day. And, you can choose times when the family can work on it together.
· Visit your local library for movies, music CDs and audio books that the entire family can enjoy.
· Many museums offer free or reduced admission on certain days of the week or month.
· Teach children crafts you enjoy and spend time doing them together.
· Choose a topic the whole family would like to know about. Look it up together on the Internet.
· Get together with friends once a month for a potluck. Make a pot of soup or stew and ask others to bring side dishes. If there are a lot of small children, all the parents could share the cost of a babysitter to be there, too. That way, you can have some “adult time” after the meal.
· Check out free concerts, lecture or events at nearby colleges.